Are you interested in contributing to this project? Listed below
are many possible projects for both programmers and
non-programmers. If you have the necessary skills (a strong
background in Java programming and 3D graphics algorithms for the
programming projects, good writing or artistic ability for the
non-programming projects) and think any of these look interesting,
please let me know! (But please, do not just start coding.
Contact me first! That way I can make sure you aren't duplicating
someone else's work, and I can discuss the project with you in much
more detail before you start.)
- Write scripts to generate interesting objects, or to perform any sort
of operation you think other users would find useful.
- Write a plugin to allow Art of Illusion to import and/or export
your favorite 3D file format. Eventually, I would like it to be
able to read and write all major file formats. It's unlikely that
I'll ever get around to implementing them all myself, though, so
this will only happen if other people contribute translators.
- Write a modeling tool for creating a new type of object.
Possibilities include particle systems, human figures, and
whatever else you can think of.
- Write a plugin to let Art of Illusion integrate more smoothly
with your favorite operating system.
- Write a tutorial demonstrating how to use one or more features
of the program.
- Create some interesting textures or materials, which can be added
to the collection on the
Art of Illusion Wiki.
- Create pictures that I can post on the web site as examples of
what can be done with Art of Illusion.